As of September 22, 2021, Ontarians will need to be fully vaccinated (two doses plus 14 days) and provide their proof of vaccination along with photo ID to access certain public settings and facilities. This approach focuses on higher-risk indoor public settings where face coverings cannot always be worn and includes:
- Restaurants and bars (excluding outdoor patios, as well as delivery and takeout);
- Nightclubs (including outdoor areas of the establishment);
- Meeting and event spaces, such as banquet halls and conference/convention centres;
- Facilities used for sports and fitness activities and personal fitness training, such as gyms, fitness and recreational facilities with the exception of youth recreational sport;
- Sporting events;
- Casinos, bingo halls and gaming establishments;
- Concerts, music festivals, theatres and cinemas;
- Strip clubs, bathhouses and sex clubs;
- Racing venues (e.g., horse racing).
For more information, please visit Proof of Vaccination Guidance for Businesses and Organizations under the Reopening Ontario Act
The full list of indoor settings where proof of identification and proof of vaccination is required is as follows:
- Indoor areas of restaurants, bars, and other food and drink establishments without dance facilities. Outdoor patios and delivery and takeout are excluded.
- Indoor and outdoor areas of food or drink establishments with dance facilities, including nightclubs, restoclubs, and other similar establishments. Delivery and takeout are excluded.
- Indoor areas of meeting and event spaces, including banquet halls and conference and convention centres (with limited exceptions)
- Indoor areas of facilities used for sports and recreational fitness activities, including fitness/sporting/recreational facilities, pools, leagues, sporting events, waterparks, indoor areas of facilities where spectators watch events, and personal physical fitness training, with limited exemptions
- Indoor areas of casinos, bingo halls, and other gaming establishments
- Indoor areas of concert venues, theatres, and cinemas
- Indoor areas of bathhouses, sex clubs and strip clubs
- Indoor areas of horse racing tracks, car racing tracks and other similar venues
- Indoor areas where commercial film and TV productions take place with studio audiences. Cast and crew members are excluded.
Proof of identification and proof of vaccination requirements do not apply to businesses or organizations not listed above, including those that provide access to necessary medical care, groceries, and basic medical supplies.
Signage is available in English and French at the following link.