- To establish and provide for monthly and annual awards for the business communities of Welland and Pelham.
- To provide for any other communication or public relation device that fosters a positive image of the business community and the Chamber of Commerce.
- To advise Members of Chamber activities.
- To ensure a structured marketing strategy including all types of media.
- To act as a liaison between businesses and school boards, colleges, universities and training agencies.
- To seek relevant opportunities for membership professional development.
Member Services Committee
- To survey and monitor Chamber Membership annually in order to regularly review Chamber services and make recommendations of program activities to the Board which may then be delegated and implemented.
- Actively liaise with all Chamber Committees.
- To actively recruit Chamber Members.
- To ensure that all business in the communities of Welland and Pelham are aware of the advantages and benefits of a Chamber membership.
- Actively liaise with the Member Services and Communication Committees.
- Utilize a coordinated marketing strategy including all types of media.
- To maintain an awareness of business-government issues, trends and forces, within a rapidly changing political environment.
- To lobby all levels of government for support in fulfilling the Chamber’s BR&E role and cause.
Special Events Committee
- To initiate programs and events that not only benefit our Members, but also ensure a strong financial position for the Chamber.
- To ensure the success of the special events by co-coordinating, with the Chamber Staff, the planning, organization and operation of events.